When the efficiencies of the workforce are discussed and talked about, our mind often jumps to an economy that can be achieved only if all the processes are optimized. The businesses need to optimize the different areas of functioning to get maximum output at the least cost.
‘Waste’ management is a critical contributor to the profitability of organizations and the improved efficiencies of professionals. When we talk about ‘waste’, we mean the waste of time, efforts and materials, etc.
Just think how much the profitability, production time, production cost and individuals’ performance and other problems you can improve by eliminating the waste up to the minimum possible. The lean methodology provides a strategic roadmap to eliminate the waste; Lean consulting is the guiding force to help you move towards ‘Lean organization’.
Why You Should Outsource Lean Consulting:
- Agreement Doesn’t Always Guarantee Commitment: The executives may be convinced with Lean methodology and its benefits but they may not be committed to applying Lean principles at every stage with the right approach.
- Lean Offers More than You Expect: At the start of your journey towards making your organization a Lean organization, you expect some commonly shared benefits but after implementation of Lean theory in decisions and executions, you experience multiple benefits with wider scope in different domains that you never expected.
- Early Stage Loan Benefits Encourage For Further Improvement: If you get the results of incorporating some strategic changes at an early stage, you feel more convinced and encouraged for further improvement. A lean consultant helps you apply Lean principles right and to get the results earlier with least efforts and without facing ‘management’ problem.
- Complete Support to Make Your Organization 100% Lean: The improvements have no stops; there is always a scope for doing better. Many times, you feel discouraged and start thinking to stop your loan journey because of initial stage resistance and complicacies but the Lean consulting experts train you to count down all the challenges.
- Choosing and Optimizing Lean Best Practices: continuous learning is the best way to improve gains in personal and organizational landscapes. The ultimate yield of implementing Lean principles depends upon choosing and optimizing the Lean best practices. Lean consultants analyze the specific needs and scope for improvement in diverse areas, and, recommend the best optimized Lean practices.
- The Changed Mindset for Improvement: Lean implementation is a consistent process on the never-ending roadmap; the Lean consulting service changes your mindset towards improvement because you start noticing and visualizing the things that you were missing.
11 Key Lean Benefits for Organizations:
- Increased product quality
- Efficient processes
- Improved employee satisfaction
- Increased team morale
- Improved visibility to stakeholders
- Increased profits
- Better management of changing priorities
- Predictable delivery of customer value
- Reduced lead time
- Better project visibility
Ten Things to Consider Before Hiring Lean Consulting Provider:
Ok, you want to get all the above-mentioned benefits of Lean to drive your organization make sustainable growth rate by hiring the best Lean consultant but before going ahead you must know the principles of Lean methodology and the goals to hit; it will help you prepare and plan better.
5 Principles of Lean:
Identify Value: Are the products we are producing meeting the customers’ expectations? The lean theory advocates reviewing the products and services from the customer’s point of view.
Map the Value Stream: What will happen next and for what it should be planned and executed? It guides the Lean team to value stream mapping that enables to understand how the value flows throughout the organization and where this flow stops.
Create Flow: How can we apply a smart and streamlined approach to reduce the process and time to provide the best value to the customer? Lean team optimizes the value stream flow in all the aspects of business and processes not limited just to production.
Establish Pull: How can we change our approach to deliver the required quality and quantity? This Lean principle guides the professionals to develop a sensible model for saving cost, space, time, and resources but catering the customer’s true needs.
Seek Perfection: Did we implement our plans and realize the expected efficiency gains? The lean team identifies the scope of improvement and implements meaningful changes to ensure the greatest product value for the customer.
Now you know the benefits, objectives and the ways to go ahead but you need a tailor-made strategy guided with monitoring. The experienced Lean consulting provider can do it all but you must consider the following five things before hiring the best one:
- Do you have the right skills in place? The lean consulting provider implements tailor-made optimized strategy, generate specific objective oriented metrics and develops a plan to execute but if you don’t have the right talent to learn and use the skills and guidelines, it’s unlikely to get the advantage of Lean consulting.
- Is there the right organizational Culture? The existing organizational culture must support the confidence of employees that their future is secure even after incorporating the changes as suggested by the outside agency.
- Do you have realistic goals for the lean consultant? You must know the knowledge gaps, needs for learning, benefits of improvement, and the cost of making changes. In the absence of clear parameters to measure the needs and improvements, it would be difficult to justify the investment for Lean consulting services.
- Does the consulting agency have proven experience and expertise? Every business has different needs for improvement but it surely has a scope for improvement. The hired Lean consulting company must have proven experience and expertise in catering the Lean management/training service to the businesses similar to yours.
- Do you have any other cost-efficient way for improvement? Lean consulting can’t deliver the results overnight; it needs time to assess, plan, review, execute, train, scale, evaluate and improve. Learn introduction to an organization is not a onetime task, it is an ongoing task. Therefore, before hiring a Lean consulting provider, check all the possible alternatives but when you start your Lean journey start with confidence in the globally accepted and time-tested Lean methodology.
A lean consulting provider can accelerate the efficiency gains, rate of improvement, cost savings, forward momentum, customers’ trust etc but if you are confident in your decision to outsource Lean consulting service for the particular objectives in particular domains like R&D, sourcing, production, testing, dispatch, marketing, etc.
Your approach to hiring Lean consulting provider must encompass the concerns pertaining to – Purpose; Support; Empowerment; Courage; Discipline & Accountability; Coaching; Lean tools; Implementing changes; Problem management, etc.